Friday, October 26, 2012

Cheesecake and Christmas

Good morning  everyone!
    I am in an especially good mood this morning despite the sudden drastic drop in temperature-which I wouldn't mind so much if I had been prepared with appropriate clothing-C'est La Vie. Actually I should clarify and say I don't mind the cold so much through the holiday season because who wants to enjoy a pumpkin spice latte or a peppermint mocha when its 75 degrees out like it has been the past few days? Anyway, after new years is over the cold whether is free to leave.
    I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I started my Christmas shopping about a month ago (if it not earlier) because I get so pumped for Christmas incredibly early! I think that probably stems from having a father who always wanted to put up the Christmas tree in early November. Having said that, I am beginning to get random urges to run to the closet and bust out all my Christmas decorations...and its not even Halloween. Though I must add one more point to this ramble of mine and that is that I saw my first Christmas commercial of the season yesterday-so I'm not the only one getting antsy!
    Now on to what I actually wanted to share. In my last post I shared a recipe for truffles made from dates-I never realized what a valuable food dates are. I found a recipe for dairy free/gluten free cheesecake using a date crust and a cashew filling-crazy right? I thought this was to valuable a recipe to not share. You can find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment